Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wine Thursday - Layer Cake Primitivo

Layer Cake's Primitivo is their Zinfandel. I'm not sure I would have purchased it had I known. I'm not usually fond of Zinfandels. This is what one finds out when reading the back (which is what sold me):


You know what... so do I. I love those words. It made me remember seeing the layers of dirt while working at the dig site.

At first glance this red wine from Italy is not what I would look for. It is not from Chile, Australia, or even California. It is from Italy. This wine even comes with a screw top cap... no cork. I'm inwardly really grateful that it is missing a cork. My good arm is killing me still from the hospital run the other day.

It smells like the table wine I drank in England when I was 17. I do not remember what it was, but we had a lot of it. It was a good adventure, complete with rabbit and an opera singer... only one of which was eaten... I'll let you figure out which.

I'm going to have to give this a try some other night to make sure I like it as much as I do. It is not as if I've already had a shot of sake and a glass of that pinot noir from Monday. I'm still waiting for the pain to dull in my shoulder.

Good job layer cake. I'm not sure I would often spend $16 on a bottle of wine... but I couldn't pass up the layer cake.

~Emme

No comments:

Post a Comment