Sunday, October 25, 2009

Vintage Swap - Shelly's Half








How would you like to open a box like this? I think I died and went to heaven.

First: Just in time for winter. I will definitly have to try some of these and write up some reviews. Maybe even Mr. Wonderful would not mind giving a try or two.

I am sure this must be for my next party. It feels a bit like my great grandmother's mixing bowls. And to go with it... a matching:


... little treasure. I die. This and all the fabric in the box... I cannot believe this is a week when I am incredibly busy AND Big Bertha (the insanely heavy almost vintage sewing machine that lives in my barn) is in the shop.

Vintage handkerchief that needs a little crochet work (I'm excited to fix it and I have just the right color and weight lacework thread to fix it. The table runner in the background has pink hibiscus all over it... I die...
after all...
...
... hibiscus are my favorite flower...
...
... pink is my favorite color..
...
... what more could I ask for?


Kitchen valances... for my one day kitchen...


A yellow purse from British Hong Kong... that is the perfect color to match my favorite vintage dress suit. However... that was not what I wore it with... I wore it with my blue suit, vintage ruffled shirt and gorgeous purple faux snake skin guess heels. What else would a secret agent wear?

Two little books... They make me giggle looking at them.




What could be in this little goody bag?




I have no idea what to do with these... they are just too cute... I think I might put them on my quilt that I'm making to cover the drafts from the barn door as soon as Bertha comes home.
...
Yeah. I really do work in a barn.
...

A lovely little cup and saucer... matching a cute  little bag.


...

I am a very happy secret agent with lots of ironing and physics work to do.
...

~Emme

No comments:

Post a Comment